"How can there be too many children? It's like saying there are too many flowers." Mother Theresa

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day 6, my prayer closet

We just hung out here at home today. We have been trying to resolve an issue with the kids passports. They gave them the wrong birthdates and the embassy would not take them. In these birthdates they were 6 months a part in age and they said that wasn’t possible for biological siblings. So the day we got here we received new birth certificates with new ages (correct ones). We then had to go to immigration to get new passports. Our embassy appointment was supposed to be today and we did not get Selamawits passport. We went on to the embassy to talk to them about it and they were closed. So if we don’t get it tomorrow we won’t come home Monday. This left me feeling particularly bummed. So bummed in fact, I had to try my best to keep it together. I don’t have a very good poker face though and folks were asking me what’s wrong. As soon as we got back to the guest house I ran up to the bedroom and closed the door. I shed a few tears and Ryan came in and we talked a bit. I asked him to call home and check on everybody but not to give me the phone. I knew if I heard anyones voice at home I’d started crying all over again. I guess I’m home sick. I was home sick one time when I was a little girl. It isn’t a good feeling. Selamawit came in the room to get her “chruch musica” that she picked out yesterday. This sweet daughter of mine is already ministering to me. I followed her lead and got my iphone out and put my ear buds in and listened to Shane and Shane. I consider this my prayer closet. I went down stairs and sat with Selamawit as she listened to her “Church Musica”. I began to sing aloud “ I was dead in my sin, you came in yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah. You made a way when there was no way. You covered heaviness with garments of praise. You wrote a song and your singing it over me….”
I left my buds in and we walked across the busy street to find some dinner. I passed a lady with her infant on the side of the road and I stopped and gave her some money. Selamawit was so happy to see this. I can feel the spoiled American beginning to slip away.

No comments: