"How can there be too many children? It's like saying there are too many flowers." Mother Theresa

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day 4 spoiled American

Today I had a litany of complaints. The shower wasn’t warm. It also is outside on the balcony. The toilet isn’t flushing and it is dirty. We are all staying in the same room. When I woke up at 2:00 because I couldn’t sleep I had to wait hours for coffee. Even after the cooks were awake the coffee wasn’t ready for an hour. I miss high speed internet. I can access facebook but not my email or my blog. I miss TV. I would love to say I’m so super spiritual that I don’t but I do. I miss my family.
Did I mention I saw a man crawling up the street because he has no feet? Did I mention there are mothers and babies sleeping on the streets with simple shawls as a covering? Did I mention I saw an elderly lady totally naked washing her body in the sewer? Did I mention you can see all the ribs of the dogs and cows and goats that walk these main streets? Did I mention there are 5 million people in this city and 3 million orphaned children in this country? No, I guess I didn’t mention that.
This day has revealed to me how far I have to go. I am ever thankful that he who began a good work in me will carry it out to the day of Christ Jesus. May he protect me from my selfishness.

3 comments:

Lori said...

This...made me cry. Thank you for your raw honesty.

Terri said...

God has a special part of heaven reserved for you. Thank-you for reminding me to be thankful for everything. And for reminding me that God's presence and the gift of His son is the greatest gifts of all. God Bless You and your family.

Kimmie said...

Thank you for preparing me what will come before my eyes in a few months.

God is good.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted