"How can there be too many children? It's like saying there are too many flowers." Mother Theresa

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day 1, The journey begins…well sort of...

The journey begins…well sort of
We woke up this morning to the smell of coffee and breakfast cooking, thanks to my dear mother. Then we bid our farewells. The goodbye is always tearful for me. I will miss my kids. I always wonder “what if”. What if this is it? What if I don’t see them anymore. Do they know? Do they know I love them? Do they know I want only the best for them? Did my life speak of a loving God? Overly dramatic? Yep. But I'm like that sometimes.
We took a rental, compliments of the dear ex-husband to the Cinci airport. (If you don’t know the story of my ex husband, ask me sometime. It’s another story of Gods grace and faithfulness.) I am sitting in the coffee shop at that airport as we speak. Ryan gave Simon D and I both a copy of our passports and a 100 dollar bill to carry in our pockets. As we sat looking out the window I asked Simon “If you could keep your $100.00 what would you do with it?” He very passionately said “I’d give it to my grandma.” I’m thinking his sweet grandma is about to get 100 dollars richerJ My pleasure.
I look at my handsome son, Derara and I am overwhelmed with emotion. What a journey this life has taken him on. Three years ago he lay in his new bed crying for his brother and sisters. Last year he was reunited with our own little Mercy Bond. In two short (well not so short) days he will have his other brother and sister back. He will get to visit his grandma. Get to visit the very place he was born. Go back in time, if only for a little while, if you ever can really go back in time.


We board our flight in a bit to JFK. Then we ride Turkish airways to Istanbul. Maybe I’ll chat more then….

No comments: