"How can there be too many children? It's like saying there are too many flowers." Mother Theresa

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Reflections

Just finished Donald Miller's book "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years." It is strange how emotion evoking I find his books. If you are familiar with him, he is known for being funny. His popular book "Blue Like Jazz" is being made into a movie. It is my favorite book. Not because of the depth of his theology, but because of the depth of his humility. After reading a Donald Miller book I feel like I just listened to my favorite song or watched a sappy movie, which is strange really because he is not a sappy guy. This particular book made me reflect on my story, the one still in the works, the one this side of heaven. I remember when I was a single Mom, just learning about who I was, who I am in Christ, the only thing I wanted was a Christian man. A Christian man is really hard to find. I have one. My husband is the greatest. I am afraid I have taken him for granted. I am so so thankful for Ryan. It doesn't matter what he does to irritate me, that is the small stuff. It matter that he is following Jesus and HE is in control of the pen that has written Ryan and I in this story together. If you are reading this Ryan, and I hope you are, I love you. I am honored to be in this epic with you, my hero. May our story live on in our children and may they know the ultimate author.

1 comment:

Thankfulmom said...

Amen. Christian marriage is the most amazing blessing I have ever known. I join you in thanking God for a wonderful husband.

Lisa