"How can there be too many children? It's like saying there are too many flowers." Mother Theresa

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Give Us Eyes

My neighbor committed suicide today. My heart is heavy. I never knew he was in the depths of despair. I guess I never tried to know. One of my sons is very upset. He said "Momma, I just seen him, he wanted some of our dirt for his yard," then he put his head down and began to sob. If only we'd have sobbed with him. If only...I wish I could have a chance to tell him of the hope I have. The hope that is found in Jesus. The one who takes us weary and heavey laden, the one who gives us rest. If only...
Dear Lord it is my prayer that you be with this gentlemans family, you lead to people who will reveal you to their broken hearts. Bring them to me and my family, we will comfort them. Work thru us. Break our hearts for the needs of others. May this tragedy be a lesson to us all. I repent for my household, my nation, my generation, Lord we do not know people. We do not see people. May we know our neighbors. May we see our neighbors. May we reach out to hurting people. Convict us of our busyness. Lead us in your ways. In the name of freedom, Christ Jesus. Amen.

3 comments:

Robbin Hopkins said...

I am so sorry. Many ppl are suffering from great despair right now. So many men are affected by an illness once reserved for women. I agree, if only we would SEE each other more. And truly reach out to them. I will pray that his family finds understanding by looking at how he lived and not how he died.

Thankfulmom said...

I stand with you in prayer. Amen.

Lisa

Kimberly said...

"The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit... The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth...He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." (Ps 34:18, 145:18, 147:3) Praying for God's peace that transcends all understanding and His healing comfort upon your neighbor's family and yours. Love you sister.