"How can there be too many children? It's like saying there are too many flowers." Mother Theresa

Sunday, April 5, 2009

6 years ago..




6 years ago, our little Beniam was born. He was born at home in the village of Soddo Woliata. Around the age of three, we believe, he was orphaned. He spent some time living on the street we have been told. He is our little Man. Though his biological parents past from this life, he has a heavenly father who loves him and prearranged him to have another set of folks to call Mom and Dad.


We took him and his best friend to Chucky Cheese. They partied hard, ate a lot of food I won't keep in my house ! And had a lot of fun. After Chucky Cheese his buddy came and spent the night at our house. This morning his friend joined us for church. After church we went out for Indian food and I'm afraid traumatized Beni's friend who only wanted "Chicken Tenders." Poor kid started bawling at the table. We saw him later at tball practice though and he has recovered from the whole ordeal. :-)
My brother, Tony, and his wife, Kim, leave today to give some little ones a home. Please pray for their safety and for God's wisdom to wash over them as they decide who shall be called their son/s and/or daugther/s :-)


3 comments:

KelseyChristine said...

Happy Birthday Biniam! I recently found your blog and it's been so fun reading about your family :)

momma B said...

you and your Brother have made me cry this evening, I am so proud of you and Ryan. Momma

Tony Merida said...

Tell Ben that I said "Happy Birthday from Uncle Choney and Aunt Kim." I look forward to playing wiffle ball in the ocean with him.