"How can there be too many children? It's like saying there are too many flowers." Mother Theresa

Thursday, December 9, 2010

The story of US


We are watching the History channels America the Story of Us. I was told it is derived from Susan Wise Bauer's curriculum used by many home school families. It is really a great series. We finished one history book and half of another and I decided to change our pace with this series. The kids love it, though much of it is over their heads. I do a lot of narrating.
As we watched this morning, (from bed :) I began to wonder. So much is wrong with our history. Not just the US, but humankind. I used to read the Old Testament and wonder..."Are they just stupid? How can they not follow a God who works miracles right in front of them?" I watch our US history and see what we did to the Natives, the Chinese (during the building of the railroad), the Africans and again I wonder..."Were they just crazy? I mean, how could they not see what they were doing was not of God?" Look at our world today....the AIDs pandemic, human trafficking, orphans...what will they say of us? I know what they'll say. "What were they thinking? Why were they building bigger homes and driving bigger cars, and building bigger church buildings and spending millions on themselves, while Gods children are dying, are starving, are being sold."
I pray our generation gets busy reversing history.

No comments: