"How can there be too many children? It's like saying there are too many flowers." Mother Theresa

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer Break!!!!



Today was the last day of school! Ryan and I visited the kids for their awards ceremonies. Mercy earned the "friendly" award, no surprise to us as she's always greeting people with a happy face. Ben earned the "citizenship" award and Math award! His teacher said someday he'll be president! :-) Simon earned a Math award. Noah earned 6 or so awards including the Presidential award. Grace and Manny win an award from me for being such good troopers, this their first semester of school in America.
Adam and Lauren will be here before we know it to spend the summer. I have made our family schedule with our meal plan, game times, tv times, chores, homework and reading time, devotional time.....think that's all that's on the schedule. What's not on it is all our visits to the water park and the baseball park! We can get a summer pass to our water park for 200$ That's pretty great for 10 of us, unlimited access to the pools!
We are soon getting hardwood put in our downstairs. Why oh why did I not do that to begin with? Next up a leather couch, so I'm not paying to have this one cleaned.
I am planning my first home school year! Mercy, Beniam and Grace will be my first students. I'm praying the Teabow bill passes (allowing home school students to play sports in public school) then I'll be homeschooling the rest. (Unless of course I totally flop at this first attempt!) Any encouragement would be much appreciated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your crew for all the awards! As for homeschooling I started 3 years ago and we love it. My kids are 14,11, and 4. It took a while of "de-programming" from formal school and learning to "enjoy" homeschooling. I had to learn that homeschooling is not "school at home" I drove the kids crazy trying to make "home" feel like "school". Find a good homeschool group in your area so you can enjoy visiting with other homeschooling moms. Here in Hattiesburg we have homeschool sports leagues, they have baseball, track and basketball. You can do it, and your kids will thank you for it. I will be praying for you and the kids as you start this new chapter.

Kimmie said...

Homeschooling...I am here for you, but more importantly if He has called you...He is with you in it. Where ever He calls He enables.

Let me know if you need help... I have 14 finished years of homeschooing -I love it. And I totally agree with anonymous, that homeschool shouldn't look like school. Relax and enjoy learning all He has for all of you!

xoxo
Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted