"How can there be too many children? It's like saying there are too many flowers." Mother Theresa

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Big sisters are good for...


Braiding hair, hugs, tickles and helping Mom in the kitchen. :-)

The transition is going well. Mercy has just reached a stage where she is trying to be like Grace instead of trying to tell Grace what to do. She wanted her hair to look just like her "sishters." Her hair is shorter than Grace's hair though.
Today is another big day for the kids. It is their first day of phys ed. Manny was excited but Grace seemed a little nervous. I went last evening and bought her some sneakers. All she had was Chuck's (converse). She was thrilled. Strange thing though, when I buy her new clothes she doesn't wear them. We often have to tell her to wear them. I don't pick out her clothes (I pick out everyone elses at bedtime for the next day)so I don't think she's waiting on permission. Kind of puzzling. There are so many questions I have for the two of them. I just can't wait for them to speak English to find out about their lives.
Our kids school is taking up peanut butter for Haiti. I'm planning to run out in a bit to get some for them. If you need somewhere to donate money our adoption agency has an orphanage there and they need financial support. Their children are safe, but the orphanage has been robbed of all food, water and supplies. One of the nannies was killed and I don't believe they've been able to get her body out. I wish I had an encouraging scripture to type here but I don't. All I know is God IS Good even when life is not.

No comments: