"How can there be too many children? It's like saying there are too many flowers." Mother Theresa

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Things We Do For Love

We are getting ready to head out today. The boys just left for school. I have such an ache inside. Leaving them is so hard. I know they are in good hands, but their not my hands. Pray for us while we are gone that we may maximize our time with out little daughter and not be to homesick for our other children.
This journey started for us over a year ago. Noah came down the stairs and said "Momma, Derara is crying for his sister and can't stop". I went up the stairs to give out wise words and was stopped in my tracks. He was lying curled in the fetal position crying his heart out. The wise words were gone. I lifted the blanked climbed in, curled up behind him and cried too. I tried to soothe him. But really what do you say? What do you say to a child who has lost everything he ever knew or loved? I told him we will find your little sister and bring her home. Shortly after that, our church interviewed us about our adoption and prayed that we would find Kaleab. We did, a few short days later. The things we do for love.
Now we are off to Ethiopia, the birthplace of mankind, to pick up our newest addition. What a life God has laid out for me! I am unabashedly humbled.

3 comments:

KT said...

We will be praying for safe travels and bonding. Sorry you have to leave the kids behind, I remember how hard that was!!
You will be home before you know it!
KT

Waiting42 said...

We are thinking about you everyday. Praying for your time in Ethiopia, for those you come in contact with, and for your daughter!

Chaz said...

I hope this find you all safe, happy and blessed. Please continue to lead us through the best part of your journey. You will never know how much you have insired and lead me. I love you all.

CM