"How can there be too many children? It's like saying there are too many flowers." Mother Theresa

Saturday, December 4, 2010

"For it is in giving that we receive." St Francis of Assisi


My small group organized a Christmas party for women in the housing project in our town. The kids helped me fix 30 of the 50 gift bags we would distribute. We passed out a few hundred dollars in gift cards (our church gave us a generous donation) Our grand prize was a new Certa mattress and box springs. The lady who won it did NOT have a bed. She began crying instantly, which set of a chain reaction and the whole room was weeping. God presence was made known to everyone there.

We are quickly approaching the one year anniversary of my being a stay at home mom. I can say without any hesitation that it has been the best year of my life. I love being home and wish that life could always be as it is now, but things happen. Being that I'm an RN going back to work is only a phone call away and the pay is good. It's hard not to just run back to work when hard times come our way but I believe God wants us to wait out the storm. My flesh says go back to work but the spirit is strongly saying wait. Meanwhile the kids are expecting Christmas....God has always shown himself providential in our lives, yet sometimes I still fear.

2 comments:

We Are Family said...

Prayers for you and your precious family.

-I have never seen the righteous forsaken-

KT said...

I feel you Lisa. Our NM has still hasnt rented, which we did not expect. Im trying to find an evening/over night job, something has got to give. Im having a hard time sleeping or trusting it will work out. Ug.
Praying for you, that we will both endure and remain where God has placed us, at home with our children!