"How can there be too many children? It's like saying there are too many flowers." Mother Theresa

Monday, November 22, 2010

Feeding a large family


This week the menu was simple! Grace is cooking Ethiopian food for 30ish guests we will be having for dinner tomorrow. Since my kitchen is occupied I am just picking up some take out. Then Thursday it's off to my Momma's for Thanksgiving dinner. But lately it seems I've becomed bored with what I'm cooking. I'd love to hear some your favorite recipes. My kids favorite is a simple pasta dish. I use whole wheat pasta (any kind really). Then I put tomatoes, garlic, onion (and basil in the summer when it's growing in the backyard!) in the food processor. I toss it in the pasta and there you have a delicious dinner. Can you share some of your favorite cheap and easy dishes?

1 comment:

We Are Family said...

Chicken pot pie
frozen pie crust, 1 for the top, one for the bottom-lightly brown the bottom one

In Large bowl mix canned mixed veggies. Cream of chicken soup.
Salt, pepper and boiled chicken(cut into small pieces)

Pour mixture into lightly brown pie crust. Then place raw pie crust on top. Pinch the two together and bake 350 until the top crust is brown.

It feeds my family of 5. So you might want to make 2 or 3.