"How can there be too many children? It's like saying there are too many flowers." Mother Theresa

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Oh Happy Day!

What can I say about this picture? This picture is just one more miracle in my life that shows Gods wonder working power. This is my exhusband, my son's father, David. We met 15 years ago. We dated about a year and then we got married at the court house. Over the years I have been told that he doesn't consider he was ever married to me because we weren't married by a priest. (He was brought up in the Orthodox Chruch) I was married to him. Our marriage lasted only about 3 years, long enough to produce a beautiful son, Noah. When our marriage ended, I hated David. I hated all that he represented. I hated Ethiopia, which was his motherland. I hated the way I felt when I was with his family and everyone was speaking another language. I hated until that hate was eating me alive. Being a believer in Jesus (not a follower until years later) I prayed my way out of that whales belly called hatred. Fast forward some years, I give my life to Christ. I want with all that is in me to love all the people I can love in this lifetime, including David. We have brought him to church many times over the years. I have shared my experiences with him, my struggles, my bondage and eventual freedom. I love him now, have for years. He is family to me. He is my friend. Now he is my brother in Christ. He gave my son a beautiful gift this day.



4 comments:

Rebecca said...

The Angels are singing tonight!!

Kimberly said...

Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of Creation! O my soul praise for He is thy Health and Salvation! All ye who hear! Now to His temple draw near and praise Him in glad adoration!

That song filled my mind as we celebrate what God is doing! Love you!

Lori said...

Lisa,
You are an amazing person! I absolutely love your honesty...it is SO refreshing. THank you for sharing your life!
OXOXO
Lori

Vicky Hewitt said...

I love this!