"How can there be too many children? It's like saying there are too many flowers." Mother Theresa

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Academia!




Been a while since I posted on the daily life of my children. Mercy is growing leaps an bounds. She is learning English a lot quicker than she is learning boundaries. She started preschool about 3 weeks ago and LOVES it! She is writing her name already, and is pretending to read. Above is a picture of her on her first day of school.



Noah went to district for academic team and was runner up for written composition. His school won overall. Then he proceeded to regionals where he placed 4th in written comp, quite an accomplishment with such gifted students. His school won regionals as well. He and Simon were in a play last week at school, Noah played a farmer and Simon played a rooster. :) Simon couldn't get his cock a doodle doo down and it came out "Cock a Doodley Do" and got a laugh from the audience. They are in upcoming productions of The Wizard of OZ and have started baseball practice. They get to be on the same team which is quite a treat for me. Lot less driving.



Beniam lost his other front tooth. Looks cute as a button. He has started tball practice and it loving it. He is really quite good. He is reading very well. He is in kindergarten. His birthday is coming up and Ryan is going to take him on a guys night out with a couple of his buddies.


Adam and Lauren are here for Spring Break. They are almost as tall as me. I know that's not too tall :-) But they have grown quite a bit. Later in the week I'm gonna post new pictures of all the children.


We received pictures of our two children in Ethiopia. I thought each adoption would be less emotional, a little less exciting, but I have cried more tears over these two children than I cried the last two adoptions! Reminds me of the scripture that says "His mercies are new each day." I can't wait to bring home my big kids. I love them already.


Logic: We need many things to prepare for our new children.



  1. a 15 passenger van

  2. another set of bunk beds

  3. another set of living room furniture

  4. a bigger kitchen table

  5. last but not least...50,000 dollars.

If you can help with any of these please let us know. If you have any rich relatives, please tell them about us.!


Love to you all.


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Our "to do list" looks very similar!!!