"How can there be too many children? It's like saying there are too many flowers." Mother Theresa

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A good day


Regardless of what side of the Political fence you rest on, today is a great day. Today is a great day for me, the Mother of African sons. My son’s have been studying civil rights and slavery, Martin Luther King and Apartheid. Their skin has been pointed out to them by classmates. One of my sons had a girl come to school and say “I can’t like you because you’re black.” Today is a good day. Today they get to see a man who looks like them become the most powerful man in America.
Though I voted for Obama, I know most of my Christian brothers and sisters did not. Please remember this is a good day for many. Please pray for President as he embarks on this great task. It is, I believe, what Jesus would want us to do.

No comments: