"How can there be too many children? It's like saying there are too many flowers." Mother Theresa

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thank you goodbye

She stood 4 feet 6 inches tall. She had white hair and olive skin. She never married or had children. She never had a career. She was a simple woman. Her name was Verly Rose Baker. She was my aunt, my grandma's sister. She died on October 30th. She will be missed. Many people loved her. She was FAITHFUL to her God and to her church. She slipped from this life and into her new one. My mother was the primary family member who has cared for her over the years. I have watched my Mom serve her these past couple months without complaint. I am so proud of her. The funeral was lovely. She was in a white casket with yellow roses on the top. Her small country Church hosted their Sunday service right there in the funeral home. Her Sunday school teacher even did a Sunday school lesson with us all. Afterward we went up a BIG mountain (The van almost didn't make it!) for her burial. Then we went to the church for dinner. As I entered the church building, a feeling of gratitude came over me. This was the church my mother came to Christ in. This is a special place. Without her salvation, my life would have been very different. I utter a prayer of Thanks. I utter a prayer for strength to lead my children as she led my brother and me.

Adoption update: We have plane tickets for Saturday morning. I would be giddy with excitement, but we aren't sure we get to leave yet. We are waiting for a final OK and haven't received it. If we don't receive it by tomorrow noon we will have to reschedule for one more week. Pray. Pray hard. I am so ready to go get her. Ryan is so ready to get her. I dream of her at night. My little Mercy Bond.

My sister in law is going on a trip with the International Justice Mission. Check out her blog @: http://betheglory.blogspot.com for details. Please pray for her and for all the people who are both slave and slave owner in this travesty we know as human trafficking.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Hey Sis. Thank you for taking the time to share such beautiful words about your great aunt and the legacy of faith that continues on. We are praying hard for things to move forward for you trip Saturday. I will be praying in the air over the north pole. :) Thank you for your prayers for my trip. I do have to say, it is a little funny when you click over to my blog because currently you are taken to Tony's rap video for Samaritans Purse. If you haven't seen it, you will get a kick out of your little bro living his dream for a moment (ha ha). Love you dearly, Kimberly